Sunday, February 27, 2011

INTO THE PADDED ROOM WITH T.G. REAPER

INSIDE THE PADDED ROOM WITH CARMELA HAYSLETTT.G.: Bleeding Carmela and welcome to my padded room!C.H.: Thanks for having me! Boy, it sure is comfy in here. Can I move in?T.G.: You are a busy lady! Actress, Still photographer and Horror hostess! So, tell us about Potent PicturesC.H.: Potent Pictures is an independent production company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Currently there are four members who make Potent Pictures starting with our founder, Christian "Mr. Potent" Grillo who's made many contributions in Philadelphia from directing the award winning short film "The Wish" to his full-length feature film "Booley". He's a screen writer, a cinematic composer, a producer, he's basically a jack of all trades. We also have John Kent who's the Potent Producer he makes sure everything goes off without a hitch and scout locations amongst many other things he does. Mike Hart is the main cinematographer in our troop and then there's me. I've done still photography for a few films and side projects, I'm an editor, I am sometimes an actress but 90 percent of the time I am horror hostess Roxsy Tyler. My show Roxsy Tyler's Carnival of Horrors in which Potent Pictures helps produce. We've done films, music videos, you name it we've probably done it and if we haven't done it we're hoping to do it soon.T.G.: How long have you been involved in horror stuff?C.H.: All of my life. I grew up in a horror-loving household. Other than just being a horror fan I would say I started actually getting involved with it when I started performing as Roxsy Tyler in 2009.T.G.: What’s your favorite horror movie?C.H.: I've had so many over the years. Amongst them would be The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last Man On Earth, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Puppet Master. It's hard to pick a favorite because I loved nearly every horror film I saw. Just last year, Tom Detrik who I had the honor of starring the film "Booley" with and who guest starred on my show a few times as Bobo the Clown introduced me to Theater of Blood starring Vincent Price. We didn't usually have older horror films laying around the house unless it was Dracula or Frankenstein which is what's great about being a horror hostess, I get to educate myself on these older films as I go along. Theater of Blood is my favorite horror film right now. T.G.: Any upcoming events?C.H.: Yes! I will be at Monster Mania on the weekend of March 11th through the 13th at the Crowne Plaza in Cherry hIll, NJ as Roxsy Tyler. My cast mates Mr. Potent and Johnnie 13 will also be there promoting The Monster Channel at the Fear Werx table. So, if you pass by the Fear Werx table come say hi to us.Two weeks after that we'll be off to Indianapolis, Indiana for Horrorhound Weekend in the horror host tribute to Zacherley. That will be happening March 25 to the 27th at the Indianapolis Marriott East. I'll be there with over fifty other horror hosts having a great time. It's definitely something you shouldn't miss out on if you're in the area.T.G.: I understand you were on Television at sixteen years of age. Can you tell us about it?C.H.: I was (still am) a huge wrestling fan when I was a teenager and my favorite wrestler was The Rock. It might sound silly but that was the story at the time. I made a little documentary about wrestling and put it up on a website called Video Gurls which isn't around anymore. Out of thousands of videos on the website it was mine and one other person who caught the attention of the Sally Jesse Raphael Show. So, my mother and I went to New York and I got to talk about my video on television with Sally before a live audience. It's a little embarrassing now because I was 16 at the time and I honestly thought I might get to meet The Rock after that. It never happened. I'm sad.T.G.: You Horror hosts and hostesses are living the dreams of a lot of die hard fun horror fans, this author included. Thank you for keeping the torch alive!C.H.: Have to keep it alive! Horror hosting is the best thing I've ever been a part of and horror hosts... we're fans too we're just fans who live out our love for horror in a very, very loud way, haha.T.G.: Carmela thanks for putting on the straightjacket and joining me in the padded room! I’m about to turn some orderlies into chunks, bits and pieces. Care to join me?C.H.: I thought you would never ask!

No comments: